Ella Summers is a certified nutritionist with a passion for the paleo lifestyle. She has spent over a decade studying the benefits of paleolithic eating and enjoys sharing her knowledge with others. Ella's approach is practical, focusing on easy-to-follow recipes and meal prep tips.
Hey there! If you're looking for high-calorie paleo diet plans, I've got you covered. While the paleo diet is often associated with weight loss and maintaining a healthy weight, it's absolutely possible to follow a paleo lifestyle and still consume enough calories to support weight gain or a higher calorie intake.
When it comes to high-calorie paleo meal plans, the key is to focus on nutrient-dense foods that are naturally higher in calories. Here are some ideas to get you started:
1. Include healthy fats: Healthy fats are a great way to add calories to your meals. Avocado, coconut oil, olive oil, nuts, and seeds are all excellent sources of healthy fats. Consider adding a drizzle of olive oil to your salads or using avocado as a topping for your meals.
2. Opt for calorie-dense proteins: Protein is an essential part of any diet, and it can also help with weight gain. Choose protein sources that are higher in calories, such as fatty cuts of meat like ribeye steak or chicken thighs with the skin on. If you're vegetarian or vegan, include calorie-dense plant-based proteins like tempeh, tofu, or seitan.
3. Load up on starchy vegetables: Starchy vegetables like sweet potatoes, butternut squash, and plantains are great options for increasing your calorie intake. They're not only delicious but also packed with nutrients and provide a good amount of carbohydrates.
4. Don't forget about fruits: While fruits are generally lower in calories than other foods, some fruits like bananas, dates, and dried fruits can be higher in calories. They make for a great snack or addition to smoothies and can help boost your calorie intake.
5. Incorporate healthy snacks: Snacking can be an effective way to increase your calorie intake. Consider snacking on nuts, nut butter, trail mix, or homemade energy bars. These snacks are not only calorie-dense but also provide a good amount of healthy fats and protein.
6. Meal prep with calorie-dense ingredients: Meal prepping can be a game-changer when it comes to sticking to a high-calorie paleo diet. Prepare meals in advance using ingredients like ghee, coconut milk, nut flours, and dried fruits to add extra calories to your dishes.
Remember, it's important to listen to your body and adjust your calorie intake based on your individual needs and goals. If you're looking for personalized guidance, consulting with a registered dietitian who specializes in the paleo diet can be incredibly helpful.
I hope these tips help you create a high-calorie paleo diet plan that works for you. For more delicious paleo recipes and meal prep solutions, be sure to check out our site, Paleo Meals Direct. Happy eating!