🍫 Paleo Brownies: A Guilt-Free Indulgence
Paleo Brownies: A Guilt-Free Indulgence
You will need:
- 1 cup of almond flour
- 1/2 cup of unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1/2 cup of raw honey
- 1/2 cup of coconut oil, melted
- 1 teaspoon of vanilla extract
- 3 large eggs
- 1/2 teaspoon of baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon of sea salt
- 1/2 cup of dark chocolate chips, paleo-approved
- First, preheat your oven to 350°F (175°C) to ensure it's hot enough when you're ready to bake. Line your baking pan with parchment paper to prevent the brownies from sticking.
- Next, in a large bowl, combine the almond flour, cocoa powder, baking soda, and sea salt. These are your dry ingredients, and it's important to mix them together first to ensure they're evenly distributed throughout the brownies.
- In a separate bowl, mix together the melted coconut oil, raw honey, and vanilla extract. These are your wet ingredients. The coconut oil should be melted but not hot, and using raw honey helps to keep the recipe paleo-friendly.
- Beat the eggs into the wet mixture. Make sure to beat them well to ensure a smooth and even texture in your brownies.
- Gradually add the dry ingredients into the wet mixture, stirring until just combined. Be careful not to overmix as this can make the brownies tough.
- Fold in the chocolate chips. These add a deliciously rich and gooey texture to the brownies.
- Pour the batter into your prepared baking pan, smoothing the top with a spatula. This will help the brownies bake evenly.
- Bake for 20-25 minutes or until a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean. Be sure not to overbake as this can dry out the brownies.
- Finally, allow the brownies to cool in the pan before cutting into squares. This will make them easier to cut and prevent them from falling apart.
These brownies are best enjoyed fresh, but can be stored in an airtight container at room temperature for up to 3 days, or in the fridge for up to a week. You can also freeze them for up to 3 months.
Indulge in the rich, chocolatey goodness of our Paleo Brownies without any guilt. These brownies are a testament to the fact that sticking to a paleo diet doesn't mean you have to sacrifice your sweet tooth. With a perfect blend of wholesome ingredients, these brownies are not just delicious but also align with your dietary preferences.
Our recipe uses almond flour as a base, a fantastic gluten-free alternative to traditional wheat flour. It's low in carbs, packed with nutrients, and gives the brownies a wonderfully light and moist texture. The use of unsweetened cocoa powder and paleo-approved dark chocolate chips ensures that you get a powerful punch of antioxidants along with your dessert.
What's more, these brownies are sweetened with raw honey, a natural sweetener that aligns with paleo guidelines. Plus, it adds a unique depth of flavor that ordinary sugar simply can't match. The coconut oil not only adds to the moistness of the brownies but also contributes healthy fats.
For those who are new to the paleo diet or are looking for more information, our comprehensive guide to paleo desserts is a must-read. You can also find more delectable recipes like this one in our roundup of the best paleo cookies recipes.
And if you're a fan of brownies, don't forget to check out our special post on how to redefine your baking experience with scrumptious paleo brownies. For those who are curious about using different flours, our post on paleo brownies with coconut flour is a great resource.
So, whether you're a long-time paleo follower or just starting out, these brownies are sure to satisfy your sweet cravings. Happy baking!